The place is popular among the visitors as from here one can feel that the clouds are flying very close to you. It is a quite scenic place with wild slopes and dense forests surrounds this place. Though the place is not well equipped with facilities, it is still a famed tourist destination. Top Station falls along the border of the state Tamil Nadu and is located at a distance of about 32 km from Munnar. Frequent public buses and taxis are available from Munnar to Top Station.
Top Station is one among the top mountains in Western Ghats and one can enjoy the scenic views of the imposing Western Ghats and the valley of Theni District. One should take warm woolen clothes with them if you are visiting this place during winters. Though the place does not witness much of domestic tourists during the monsoon season, foreigners come to this place to enjoy the rain even when the government of Tamil Nadu has not made much of an effort to enhance the facilities for the tourists. The place also has very limited accommodation facilities.
Several adventure enthusiasts come to this place to enjoy trekking to Kodaikanal through the path of dense forest.
- Special Feature: The place is well known for its panoramic views and is also famous for N
- Connectivity: The place is well linked with air, road and railway. It is easily accessible from Munnar with public bus transports.
- Accommodation: As the place has not much accommodation facilities, one can opt to stay at Munnar.
- Activities: Trekking, photography and sightseeing.
- Dressing Restrictions: There are no such restrictions.
- Nuisance: The place is calm and serene.
- Best Time to Visit: The place can be visited throughout the year, although the peak tourist season of this place is April and May.
- Visit Timings: The place open to visitors from Monday to Friday, from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Entry Fees: No entry fee required.
- God For: Adventure enthusiasts, nature lovers, photo fanatics and family vacationers.
- Facilities: The place has very limited facilities.
- Things Not Allowed: Nothing as such.
- Suggestion: Carry warm clothes while visiting place during winters as it is much cooler during this time.